Who is at Risk?
Talk to your doctor about the risk factors associated with this drug.
If you are already using Pradaxa, do not stop using Pradaxa before consulting your doctor.
The FDA warns that you may have a higher risk of bleeding if you take Pradaxa and you:
- Are over 75 years old
- Have kidney problems
- Have stomach or intestine bleeding that is recent or keeps coming back, or you have a
- Stomach ulcer
You may be at increased risk of serious bleeding if you take other medicines that increase your risk of bleeding, including:
- Aspirin or aspirin containing products
- Long-Term (chronic) use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Warfarin sodium (Coumadin®, Jantoven®)
- A medicine that contains heparin
- Clopidogrel (Plavix®)
- Rasugrel (Effient®)