10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

Compensation for Family After Wrongful Death

If you are seeking a San Antonio fire investigation lawyer, contact the law firm of Carabin Shaw. Our attorneys have the experience and expertise to get the results clients need when pursuing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. The legal team at Carabin Shaw will work aggressively towards the goal of winning compensation for family after wrongful death. We understand that fires can be devastating events in the lives of individuals and families. In pursuing your claim, it is vital to make sure that you have the best in legal representation. Call us today to speak with a home fire accident attorney in San Antonio.

Apartment Fires

Owners of apartment buildings in San Antonio are legally responsible in a number of ways for ensuring that residents are not endangered by fire hazards. Your landlord may be held liable for your injuries in the event that you are burned by an appliance, injured in a fire, or scalded by a defective faucet.

If a defective or poorly designed consumer product was involved in a fire accident that caused you harm, there may also be liability on the part of the retailer, manufacturer and distributer of the product. Our attorneys are experienced in the sometimes complicated process of determining liability, especially when multiple parties may be held responsible for a fire accident.

On the Job

Work-related burns are a leading cause of occupational injury in the United States, resulting in many hospitalizations. The Occupational Health and Safety Administration oversees many of the rules that regulate an employer’s responsibility to maintain a safe working environment. Employer responsibilities include initial and ongoing training, as well as effective hazard communication. When failing to meet these responsibilities, employers increase the risk of workers being harmed on the job by fire accidents.

The employment status of a worker plays a role in determining who can be held responsible when that worker is burned on the job. Employment status is significant because it could mean the difference between receiving worker’s compensation and the ability to sue a company. The latter is often called a third-party claim, and compensation awarded may include separate amounts related to pain and suffering as well as other damages. The lawyers at Carabin Shaw provide the professional legal aid that clients need to pursue their claims.

House Fire

Homeowner’s insurance provides coverage in the event of fire. If a house in San Antonio is being occupied by renters, the landlord may be held liable for failing to anticipate and address potential fire hazards. If a defective product was involved, such as a mattress, that caused or contributed to the fire, a manufacturer can be held liable in a court of law. If you hired someone to do maintenance or remodeling on your house, and the fire was caused by their actions, you may have a claim against that contractor, as well as their employer.

Compensation for Family After Wrongful Death

Fire accidents, regardless of where they occur, can be fatal. Fatalities usually stem from severe burns or respiratory tract injuries. In accidents where an individual is killed, a surviving spouse or next of kin can sue the parties responsible for the causing the fire. This type of claim is referred to as a wrongful death lawsuit. The goal of such a suit is to compensate the family for their loss and to hold accountable the parties that caused the accident.

Types of damages that a family may be entitled to include:

  • Medical expenses
  • Funeral expenses
  • Punitive damages
  • Lost wages
  • Emotional distress

Our expert legal team will work hard to win compensation for family after wrongful death. Call Carabin Shaw today to speak with one of our attorneys and receive a free consultation. Our main offices are located in San Antonio, and we work with clients all over the state of Texas. Our attorneys have the experience needed to help you achieve the best possible results in any personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits. Call us today at 800-862-1260, toll-free, day or night.

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.