San Antonio Auto Accident Info
Everyday auto accidents occur in the San Antonio. In 2007 alone over 45,000 auto accidents occurred and over 7,760 major or life threatening accidents occurred in San Antonio and/or Bexar County.
According the San Antonio Police Department, San Antonio drivers can do the following to lessen their chances of an accident:
1) Pay attention;
2) Be very cautious;
3) Watch-out for Drunks: From 2004 to 2006, 32% of traffic fatalities were DWI related;
4) Avoid Dangerous Drive Times: Deadly drive times include morning, lunch and evening rush hours. Also avoid driving between midnight and 3:00 am in light of the fact that more drunk driver on are on the roadways.
It is understood that you cannot always avoid the more dangerous drive times, but if you are on the roadways, use extra caution and be a defensive driver. Also never drink and drive or drive when you have taken medication, are drowsy or fatigued.
Additionally, beware of the following Ten Worst Intersections in San Antonio:
1) U.S. 281 North Loop 1604 East (280 wrecks)
2) N.W. Loop 410 Ingram Road (236 wrecks)
3) U.S. 281 Interstate 35(171 wrecks)
4) N.W. Loop 1604 Bandera Road (159 wrecks)
5) Interstate 10 N.W. Loop 1604(151 wrecks)
6) Interstate 10 West Wurzbach Road (134 wrecks)
7) N.E. Loop 410 Perrin Beitel (131 wrecks)
8) U.S.281 Bitters Road (130 wrecks)
9) San Pedro Ave. Rector Rd. (124 wrecks)
10) N.E. Loop 410 Interstate 10 E (121 wrecks)
The number of traffic related fatalities has declined in San Antonio over the past two years, which is good news. However, it is important to note that as of the winter of 2007 over 126 motorists have died in auto accidents across San Antonio. This number is still too high, compared to other Texas Cities.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or a loss in an auto accident, call us at 210.222.2288 or call toll free at 1.800.862.1260.