San Antonio Auto Accident Info
Auto accidents are an everyday occurrence in major cities. In 2007 alone, over 45,000 auto accidents occurred in San Antonio and/or Bexar County. Over 7,760 of those 45,000 involved catastrophic or life-threatening injuries. This is precisely why the law firm of Carabin Shaw has retained expert San Antonio auto accident attorneys. Our lawyers promise to represent your interests to the best of our ability.
The San Antonio Police Department released the following collection of San Antonio auto accident info to lessen a driver’s chances of getting into an accident:
- Pay Attention — Attentiveness is the leading preventer of auto accidents. Just like looking both ways before crossing a street, the more careful you are the less likely it is the unexpected can harm you.
- Be Cautious — Attentiveness alone is not always enough, though, so be sure to steer clear of times and places which might increase the likelihood of an accident, such as the middle of the night when it may be too dark to see wildlife until it is too late, or a densely-crowded area featuring several bars in a narrow vicinity.
- Watch Out for Drunks — From 2004 to 2006, our attorneys noticed that 32% of local traffic fatalities were DWI related. Remember, you are responsible for preventing harm from other drivers as much as you are responsible for your behavior in your own vehicle.
- Avoid Dangerous Drive Times — Deadly drive times include morning rush hours, lunch time, and the evening rush hours. Also avoid driving between midnight and 3:00 am in order to avoid limited visibility and increased numbers of drunk drivers.
The SAPD understands that you may not always be able to heed their San Antonio auto accident info, especially during rush hours, but regardless, if you are on the roadways, use extra caution and be a defensive driver. Even under the best circumstances and conditions, a driver may not have all the resources they need to emerge from an accident unscathed. Our lawyers also want to stress that you should never drink and drive or drive when you have taken medication, are drowsy, or are experiencing fatigue.
Additionally, the attorneys at Carabin Shaw want you to be aware of the following ten worst intersections in San Antonio:
- U.S. 281 North Loop 1604 East (280 wrecks)
- N.W. Loop 410 Ingram Road (236 wrecks)
- U.S. 281 Interstate 35 (171 wrecks)
- N.W. Loop 1604 Bandera Road (159 wrecks)
- Interstate 10 N.W. Loop 1604 (151 wrecks)
- Interstate 10 West Wurzbach Road (134 wrecks)
- N.E. Loop 410 Perrin Beitel (131 wrecks)
- U.S.281 Bitters Road (130 wrecks)
- San Pedro Ave. Rector Rd. (124 wrecks)
- N.E. Loop 410 Interstate 10 E (121 wrecks)
The number of traffic related fatalities has declined in San Antonio over the past two years, which is good news. However, it is important to note that as of the winter of 2007, over 126 motorists have died in auto accidents across the city. This number is still too high, especially when compared to other major cities in Texas.
Given all of the San Antonio auto accident info already mentioned, our hope is that you will contact the experienced and knowledgeable lawyers at Carabin Shaw today. We will conduct a free consultation, in English or Spanish, to determine the best legal strategy for your case. Let us represent your interests and help you receive every bit of compensation the law accords. If you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident, call our legal team, day or night, at 800-862-1260.