Evaluation of Your Personal Injury
If you are injured in a car accident, one of the most first things you’ll need to do is get a medical exam from your doctor as soon as possible and before you accept any settlement from any insurance company, even if the injuries don’t appear to be serious. This will ensure that your claim is accurate. It is important to be aware that there can be pressure from insurance companies to settle claims immediately after an accident. Never accept any offer before getting a full medical exam to make sure you have all bills and expenses submitted in your claim before it is settled. In this article we have highlighted some tips that will help make sure you receive proper treatment for any injury sustained in the accident, and that you have the details you and your Personal Injury Lawyer will need to make sure you are fairly compensated for your expenses. Keep these tips in mind when you are scheduling your exam.
- Be sure to see a licensed physician. (Your Primary Care Physician is preferred)
- Make it clear that the reason for your visit is because of a car accident.
- Request a complete medical examination.
- Request an MRI if you have any pain or discomfort in your head.
- Pre-existing conditions need to be examined to make sure they have not been aggravated or exacerbated as a result of the accident.
- All medical bills and exam results need to be kept in a file for your case. Make copies!
- Keep detailed records of all days you are absent from work due to the injuries that occurred in the accident.
There are many types of injuries and damages that can be reimbursed to you if you are injured in an accident. It is extremely important that you get a medical examination quickly, and keep all documents including the police report, exam results, receipts for medical expenses like prescriptions and crutches, and all bills you receive as a result of the visit.
If you feel you are being pressured or treated unfairly by an insurance company, or if you want to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled, seek out a consultation from a Personal Injury Attorney. It is the job of the Injury Attorney to work for their clients, so that they are reimbursed fairly for all of their losses and their claims.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Carabin Shaw, day or night – 7 days a week, and schedule your free consultation. 1.800.862.1260