What To Do If In An Accident Or With An UBER Vehicle
These steps should be followed in order to protect your rights following an auto accident in or with a rideshare vehicle.
- Always contact the police department and have them file an Accident Report.
- If possible take photos of the scene and the vehicles.
- Get the names and contact information on all parties and all witnesses.
- Get insurance information.
- If injured, immediately seek medical attention.
- Document your injuries. This can play a significant factor in the potential value of your case.
- Ask witnesses for their information including their names, phone numbers, and a brief description of what they witnessed.
- Contact our Law Firm, as soon as possible. Do not speak with insurance company individuals regarding your accident.
- Do not sign any insurance documents and do not provide any written or oral statement, without the presence of our Injury Lawyers.
- Follow up with all needed medical care providers.
It is important to understand that you may be entitled to any and all injuries and damages sustained including and medical and health related expenses, loss of wages, loss of future income capacity, property damage, and emotional distress.
In some instances where actions of at fault parties are held to be reckless in nature courts can award punitive damages to victims.