Common Critical Mistakes That Injury Victims Make
The Law Firm of Carabin Shaw, P.C. has been representing and fighting for accident victims for over twenty years. During that time, several trends relating to the critical mistakes that accident victims make have arisen. These honest mistakes are manipulated by insurance companies to unfairly deny victims the compensation they deserve.
- Many people make the mistake of concluding that they are fine immediately after the accident. They often tell people at the scene that they are ok. Insurance companies love to read these statements later and argue that the client is not really hurt. However, the truth is that car accidents are traumatic and violent experiences, the full effect of which may not be felt for several days. Minor pain can turn into substantial injury in a matter of days. Rest assured, the adverse insurance company will twist your words to deny your pain and what you rightfully deserve. Always err on the side of caution and get checked out by a medical professional.
- Do not try and manage the pain by yourself. Many people think that their initial pain will simply go away. They hesitate to go to the Doctor because of the time and money. If you do this, you are substantially damaging the value of your case. The insurance company will use this delay to your disadvantage and cheat you out of the money that you are owed.
- Do not miss Doctors appointments or stop going to the Doctor because it is inconvenient. We understand that your life is not put on hold because you are hurt. Life goes on and you have to keep living your daily life. However, you must make sure that you are either cleared from the Doctor or feel as well as you are going to before the end of your medical treatment. Insurance companies love to try and deny claims based off large gaps in time between medical treatments.
- The other driver’s insurance company is not your friend. Many of us would like to believe that the other driver’s insurance company will be fair with us and do the right thing. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. The insurance company is a business that wants to cut costs. You are a cost. The adjuster representing that company will be extremely nice to get you to settle your claim as quickly as possible for as little as possible.
- Do not delay getting legal representation. The insurance company has people that have been in the business for years. It is important that you have a Law Firm that has been fighting these same insurance companies for years as well.
If you need more information or assistance on a matter call us day or night at 1.800.862.1260 or submit a contact form, located on the top right of this page.