Ten Most Common Types of Personal Injuries
- Injury from someone’s negligence: Everyone has a job to follow the rules with a reasonable degree of care in everything they do. If they do not and you become injured because of their failure, then a civil suit is often appropriate to recover compensation for any injuries they caused.
- Injury from a slip and fall: All public places have a duty to make their space safe for you. If they fail to do so and you fall and hurt yourself as a result of a hazard they created or allowed to exist, you are eligible to recover compensation from the store for your injury.
- Injury from someone’s intentional behavior: If someone intentionally hurts you, you can sue him or her. This remains to be true even if they didn’t mean to hurt you specifically. For example, if your neighbor throws a rock at his brother and that rock hits and injures you, you may be able to sue and recover compensation for your injuries in civil court.
- Injury from a hazardous drug: Drugs are held to safety standards, which sometimes are overlooked when releasing a new drug. These cases normally lead to litigation in the form of class action lawsuits against the drug companies.
- Injury from medical malpractice: Doctors are required by law to provide you with complete care. When a doctor does not treat someone this way, many things can go wrong. Medical malpractice lawsuits allow you to recover compensation for mistakes your doctors make.
- Injury from a dog bite: Dog bites are judged under a strict liability standard. With that being said, you are permitted to sue and recover compensation for injuries if someone’s dog bites you.
- Injury from an auto accident: Car accidents are one of the most common causes of injury. It is required in every state that drivers carry liability insurance in order to protect you from such injury.
- Injury from misdiagnosis: Misdiagnosis is a form of medical malpractice that can also lead to injury. If your condition is made worse as a result of the misdiagnosis then you are eligible for compensation.
- Injury from hazardous conditions at a premise: Any type of unsafe condition in a private home or public place can be considered negligent. This can give rise to liability under the law.
- Injury from a defective product: All products are mandatory by law to be safe when used correctly. If the product is not safe when used correctly a strict liability normally applies. This means that a manufacturer can be held responsible even if he was not the negligent in producing the product.
If you or a loved one has suffered injures from in a situation listed above, contact Carabin Shaw at 210.222.2288 to set up your free consultation.
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.