Is There a Trek Bike Recall Class Action?
On date May 4, 2015, there is no class action involving Trek bikes. However, many attorneys strongly anticipate that such a recall lawsuit involving Trek bikes will be initiated soon. Such a lawsuit should involve representative “member” plaintiffs filing a complaint alleging that they and others similarly situated have suffered injury due to the defendant or defendants’ actions or inaction. Potential members of the class frequently seek similar or the same type of compensation. Potential members sometimes elect to “opt-out” of any class based settlement. They can, and often do, pursue the defendants as individuals and seek their own damages for their own individual claims.Injured Bike Users Could be Eligible to Seek Compensation
People or persons who allege injuries by a defective design or manufacture of a bicycle or other allegedly defective product may seek, and may get, compensation. This is also known as damages. They would usually collect against the party or parties responsible for the injuries or damage to property. Damages are calculated based upon many factors, including:
- The exact nature, exact extent, and permanent nature of any injury
- If there has been aggravation of a “pre-existing” injured or damaged condition
- What are the past and potential future expenses for medical treatment
- What are your cost for lodging and transportation to get medical treatment
- How much are you due for future and past pain, mental anguish and suffering
- What is your past loss of income
- What is your future lost earning capacity
- What disfigurement and/or scars did you get, from the injuries themselves or your medical treatment for the injuries
- What expenses have been incurred for a caretaker for you since the injuries
- What impact did the injury have on your marriage or relationship with your spouse or loved ones
Many family members related to those killed due to someone else’s fault may recover some or all of the following kinds of damages for “wrongful death.”:
- The mental and emotional anguish, both in the past and for the future, which result from the death of your loved one
- Your damages for loss of your close relationship with your loved one
- Your loss of possibly and or all financial support you got from your loved one
- All final, funeral and/or burial expenses
- Your pain and suffering of your loved before they died
- Any medical bills or expenses incurred due to your loved one’s fatal injury
Much of the time, the fact that your loved one’s medical expenses and other costs were being paid someone else, someone like an insurance company, doesn’t stop the injured person from getting a recovery of those costs as damages collected from a party found to be at-fault in causing the injuries in the first place. Much of the time, compensation such as that is required to be repaid to party that paid them. When this is not required, the party who was injured gets the difference added to their compensation collected for their injuries.
Your initial consultation is always free in these types of cases. You need an experienced Trek bicycle liability attorney in your corner. We can provide that. Spanish translators are always available.
Call us at Carabin Shaw. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Call 800-862-1260.