Why You Need a Texas Attorney for Your Valsartan Recall Claim
Pharmaceutical companies promoted Valsartan as a drug that prevents congestive heart failure and treats blood pressure levels in adults. It can also help prolong the lives of those who have experienced a heart attack. When combined with certain other ingredients, Valsartan can not only be used to fight hypertension; it can also help to slow the debilitating effects of kidney disease. If you live anywhere in Texas and you take any medication that includes Valsartan, the Valsartan recall latest news may affect you directly.
Recently, concerns about Valsartan's potentially harmful side effects have arisen. Residents of Texas who have taken the drug and suffered any form of unnecessary damage due to side effects of taking Valsartan, you may be entitled to compensation. In many cases, the presence of Texas product liability lawyers is your best option to obtain full reparations for your damages.Valsartan Recall in the U.S. by the FDA
In August of 2018, the FDA recalled Valsartan products because of trace amounts of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), which is a carcinogen or potential cancer-causing agent. Based on laboratory tests, the presence of NDMA in Valsartan may be due to some active substance during the manufacturing stage in the drug’s development. The recall also includes repackaging of the Valsartan medication in the forms of Valsartan products. Many of the products included on the FDA’s recall list are Valsartan medications made by the following pharmaceutical companies:
- Major Pharmaceuticals
- Prinston Pharmaceuticals Inc./Solco Healthcare
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries
If you are wondering why you need a Texas attorney for your Valsartan recall claim, it helps to remember that recalls usually happen after many people have already been injured or otherwise harmed by the medication in question. In cases like this, you might have a Valsartan recall lawsuit on your hands. The only way to know for sure is to seek legal help. So why else should you hire an attorney? There are a few reasons:
- Experience: An experienced Texas attorney can help you evaluate what your damages may be worth. A lawyer will be able to tell you whether or not you may have a Valsartan recall class action lawsuit or other settlement, and, if so, how to seek full compensation for your damages.
- Knowledge: A Texas lawyer who has handled many personal injury cases will possess an extensive working knowledge of the law and how it may pertain to your claim. An attorney understands how to navigate both court and litigation, and can assist you in breaking down state laws as they relate to your settlement as well.
- Help Compiling Evidence: If you suspect your cancer is related to Valsartan, a lawyer can help you assemble the necessary documentation and evidence to obtain full compensation for your damages. In particular, a lawyer can help prove that you were prescribed and taking Valsartan products for at least 30 days in the timeframe from 2014 to the present. For a maximum settlement, you must show that you used Valsartan for at least six months, and preferably for as long as a year, before a cancer diagnosis. Tracking down this information on your own is a lot of work. Hiring a lawyer ensures that the work gets done efficiently with minimum effort on your part.
If you or someone you care about is involved in any case related to the harmful side effects of Valsartan, you have options, and you deserve to know them. There are countless reasons why you need a Texas attorney for your Valsartan recall claim. Fortunately, our lawyers have more than 20 years of experience securing compensation and full recovery to clients across the state of Texas.
At Carabin Shaw, our Texas product liability lawyers believe that every resident of Texas should be entitled to full compensation for any damages or potential presence of carcinogens related to Valsartan.
To find out more about why you need a Texas attorney for your Valsartan recall claim, and for all other latest Valsartan recall news, contact us, toll-free, at 800-862-1260. Our team is available around the clock to help you out. Call an attorney from Carabin Shaw today.