SUV Rollover Lawyers
Although any type of vehicle can roll over given the right conditions, tall and narrow vehicles like SUVs or vans are the most susceptible automobiles to these kinds of dangerous accidents. And SUVs are being bought in greater numbers than any other type of passenger vehicle in America. When these large vehicles do flip or roll over, the resulting crash, especially in a highly populated city like San Antonio, can cause multiple injuries or even death. Trust an attorney who will be on your side.
Here’s what our San Antonio SUV rollover lawyers want you to know about these types of crashes:
SUVs can roll over for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Improper steering maneuvers: Overcorrecting or jerking the steering wheel to one side makes the vehicle much more likely to roll
- Collisions with other vehicles or obstacles: Side impact collisions are the most likely to cause rollovers
- Running over potholes or roadside curbs, causing the vehicle to “trip”: The National Highway Safety Administration estimates that 95 percent of single-vehicle rollovers are caused by these kinds of trips, which cause vehicles to slide sideways
- Heavy loads: Extra weight makes SUVs less stable, because loads are typically carried above the SUV’s center of gravity (which is already higher than that of most other passenger vehicles)
- Excessive speeds
- Driving down steep slopes
- Too much tire grip: It might seem counterintuitive, but too much tire grip can actually contribute to rollovers by allowing excessive sideways forces to build up
When an SUV or van rolls over, whether it was due to a tire blowout, a steering maneuver or taking a turn, there are common factors that can contribute or worsen the injuries to the occupants. These factors include the following:
- Lack of Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system: The lack of or the failure of an electronic stability control system can make an SUV or van much easier to roll
- Laminated or tempered glass: Different types of glass in vehicles can contribute to glass shattering and lead to an occupant ejection or additional injuries
- SUV roof instability / roof crush: This occurs where structure of the roof is inadequate, causing the roof of the vehicle to cave in during a rollover and crush the driver and/or the passengers
- Malfunctioning door handle springs: A malfunctioning door handle spring of a vehicle can cause the vehicle doors to open during a rollover and cause further injury to the vehicle’s occupant
If you have been involved in an SUV rollover, call our knowledgeable attorneys at Carabin Shaw today.
When a SUV rollover occurs, passengers frequently experience severe injuries. These can include:
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
The great majority of rollover fatalities are caused by persons being ejected through the windshield of the rolled vehicle, which is why it’s so crucial to wear a seatbelt when riding inside an SUV. Even restrained passengers, however, sustain serious injuries (often to the head) due to the crushing of the vehicle’s roof upon impact. If you or a loved one has been in a SUV rollover, let our attorneys help.
Our San Antonio SUV rollover lawyers have worked with many victims of rollover accidents, and we know just how serious these crashes can be. Our dedicated attorneys want to help you get your life back on track in the aftermath of your accident, and we want you to be fairly compensated for the pain and suffering you’ve endured.
If you or a family member has been injured or wrongfully killed due to an SUV rollover in San Antonio or in the San Antonio area, call our SUV rollover lawyers today and receive a free consultation. Our attorneys are available to take your call, day or night, at 800-862-1260. Click to learn more about tire defects, crashworthiness, SUV rollovers, fuel fires and more.